Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Breaking Out

I broke out of "jail" last night!!! Okay, so staying home with the kiddos 24/7 isn't really "jail", but when one realizes that she hasn't been out of the house in a month and realizes that she mostly talks to 2 people under the age of 2 all day and realizes that she hasn't put on "real" clothes or make-up in that month spent at home...she begins to lose her sanity and daydream about life on the outside. Well sweet Hubs could tell I was going a little bit looney and decided we needed to go out for dinner. Just the 2 of us. Now I am a little neurotic about leaving my kids. I will not leave them with a babysitter (other than grandparents or another highly trusted adult) until the Bean can talk and tell me how things went...again, I am a little crazy. So my momma came up yesterday and stayed with the boys while we made a mad dash for Olive Garden, scarfed down some food and then rushed home so that I could feed Bub. I'm not going to lie to y'all...it was AWESOME! We moslty talked about the kids and kid stuff, but it was so nice to have some alone time with Hubs. We were out of the house for a total of 1 hour and 22 minutes (but who's counting!?!?) and it was exactly what I needed to recharge my batteries. I am a new Momma today!!! It was a great reminder for me that I am still a person and that I am still a wife. Somedays I feel like all I am is a source of food, comfort and a clean diaper. But last night I remembered how good it feels to go on a date, alone, with my husband.


**If you and your husband have not done this within the last month, I HIGHLY recommend doing so! You will feel MUCH better and be completely rejuvenated afterwards!

No comments: