Wednesday, August 15, 2007

8 Things About our Marriage

I was tagged by Anna over at Sincerely Anna for this super fun meme. I love talking about weddings so this was right up my alley! Thanks for sharing Anna!!

1. Where did you meet your husband? Ooohh, well we met in a 11th grade English class (American Lit). We did a project together and I specifically remember his Mom dropping him off to work on our project (ha ha!). We "met" again in Theater Lit our Senior year of High School and at that point we each broke off other relationships and started dating.

2.What was the first thing you said? I have no clue...something related to the project we worked on together I'm sure...

3. Where was your first date? First kiss? Our first date was to a James Bond movie. We kissed later that night in his car.

4. Long or short courtship? Ugh...loooong. We knew we wanted to get married after dating for about 6 months or so (but I was 18 and he was 19 and that just wasn't going to happen) So we dated all through college (4 years at different schools about an hour apart) and got married in December of our senior year in college.

5. Where were we engaged? Hubs proposed to me at the quad on the U of IL campus. It was gorgeous! He proposed with a piece of copper pipe that his grandfather had cut to use to propose to Hubs's grandma 50 years earlier. Hubs's dad also proposed to his mom with it. Later that evening at a nice Italian restaurant I got my "real" ring :-)

6. Where were we married? We were married at the church we met at in southern Illinois.

7. Where was the reception? The country club my folks belong to...very beautiful!

8. Where was your honeymoon? Ahhh...we spent 10 glorious days in Aruba! It was absolutely amazing! We flew out the morning after our wedding...it was sooo perfect!
Consider yourself TAGGED! Feel free to play along! Leave a link to your blog in my comments so that I can come read your story too!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for playing! I love the copper pipe tradition - now that's unique!

Anna

jen said...

Loved reading this - I got to see it in real life, but it was cool to read! :)