Thursday, August 30, 2007

Finally a NEW post!

Ahhhh....I finally am able to post! My computer has been very "broken" lately so I've been bumming hub's computer when I have time and he's not using it. So here I am, it's nap time for Bean, and amazingly I'm wide awake.

Actually, I am willing myself to be wide awake because I have sooo much cleaning to do today that there is no time for sleep. This weekend is Bean's 1st birthday party! We LOVE to entertain, so this was the perfect excuse to round up everybody for a par-tay. Tomorrow the weekend festivities kick off (which means my house has to be clean before I go to bed tonight!). My bro-in-law and his wife are coming tomorrow, then my bro is coming on Saturday. Then EVERYONE is coming on Sunday! I am absolutely psyched about this party. We are doing a family/kid party from 4:30-6:30 (dinner, cake, etc.) THEN around 8pm we are having a fire in our fire pit for the grown ups!! YAY!! Did I mention that I am absolutely psyched about this!?!?! Although I must admit that I am slightly disappointed that once again, I am not able to partake in consuming adult beverages this summer. I am counting on being free and clear next summer (I had better be!!!). But it will be fun to play hostess and enjoy being with family and friends.

On a completely different note, Bean is a walking machine! He walks across the room and from one object to the next...I LOVE IT! He can get up on one knee on his own, but he still has to pull up on something to get all the way up. He is also jabbering up a storm. He knows how to say "bah" when I hang up my phone or when Daddy goes to work in the morning. He can say "Da Da" & "Mom om om". He always nails the first "mom" but then it turns into "om om om". Very cute. He has just figured out how to play with his mouth and make noise...like this....Say "Ahhhhh" now take your finger and brush it up and down on your lips....you hear that noise?? That is what I hear all day! What is even funnier is that he cracks up if you do it to him with your finger. He will walk over to me going "Ahhhhhhh" while sticking his chin up at me as if to say "Do it Mommy! Make the funny noise.". Sooo silly!

Well I have officially procrastinated enough and I promise I won't be a stranger to blogging anymore. I am back ;-) !

No comments: