Saturday, August 18, 2007

My Top 100

Obviously this is not my 100th post at the new blog, but in my blog world, this is my 100th post! So I will follow in the footsteps of other amazing bloggers and do 100 things about me! Enjoy!

1. I am a lover of Jesus

2. That will always come first.

3. I met my husband in high school

4. I wouldn't label us as "high school sweethearts" but we did start dating at the begining of our senior year.

5. By the Grace of GOD we survived going to college an hour apart

6. (yeah, it doesn't sound far, but trust me...IT IS!)

7. We got married 2 days after Christmas

8. The date looked great on paper...not so great to do wedding stuff and Christmas stuff at the same time...

9. but it was gorgeous!

10. We have 2 kids...kind of

11. Bean is 10 months old

12 Sprout is still in my tummy

13. No, WE didn't plan on having our kids 16 months apart...

14. The Lord DID!

15. I love my husband SO much!

16. I especially love going shopping with him

17. Wal-Mart, Mall, Best Buy...you name it and I love going there with him.

18. I graduated from college with a degree in Elementary Education.

19. My first job was as a TA in kindergarten and first grade.

20. Part way through my first year I picked up a full time first grade job in that school.

21. I kept that job for the following school year too!

22. Then I got pregnant!!

23. It took us almost 2 years to get pregnant with Bean

24. I did not return to teaching the next year.

25. Being a stay at home Mom is my new job

26. and I love it!

27. But there are days that I just need my own space (who doesn't!)

28. And thankfully my Bean has a great Daddy to play with!

30. I enjoy cooking...

31. when I have time to make a meal.

32. It's not so fun when I have a "on the table by" deadline.

33. I am scared to try new recipes without a personal recommendation from someone who has eaten the dish.

34. But if it is something that is highly recommended I will give it a shot! Feel free to share your faves!

35. I haven't been to the movies in a year!

36. Before Bean we went to the movies every other week...

37. and had yummy popcorn...

38. and Wild Cherry Pepsi from the fountain (it is my FAVORITE drink!).

39. Corona with a lime is my second favorite drink.

40. I can't have either of my favorite beverages while I'm pregnant...

41. It's a bummer.

42. I enjoy cleaning the whole house in one day.

43. I hate it when this tasks spans over multiple days...

44. I just end up with a bigger mess in the end.

45. I despise taking out the trash (hooray for Hubs!)

46. It is one of my jobs to get the mail (I was gone for a week and when I came home Hubs had "left" all of the mail in the box for me!)

47. Getting mail is so much more fun when there is mail for me!

48. My dad knows this and sent me postcards from his weekly travels all through college.

49. I still have all of his postcards :-)

50. Let's back it up a bit...My first job was working at an ice cream shop


51. I had so much fun working there in the summers!


52. I ended up working there 6 summers in a row!


53. Eventually I was promoted to being a manager.


54. Hubs and I have thought about eventually opening up our own ice cream place (you know, when we are independently wealthy ;-) ).


55. I went to my Senior prom with Hubs.


56. I wish I remembered more from that evening...I remember a dance or 2...


57. and I remember driving my dad's new car there.


58. I was hoping we would get married at that point...


59. I had no clue that we actually would stick it out through college (1 hour apart!)


60. I enjoy scrapbooking...


61. and crocheting...


62. and cross stitching...


63. but I do not like to sew (especially when it comes to hemming Hubs's suit pants)...


64. that is MY mom's job! Thanks Mom!

65. We have a shih tzu named Kowe.

66. Her name is ewok backwards.

67. She really looks like a little ewok.

68. Kowe was our college graduation present to each other.

69. There are days now that I wish we didn't have a dog...

70. But I love her to pieces!

71. I do not like chocolate...

72. Except when I am pregnant.

73. I DO like a good piece of cake with yummy frosting anytime.

74. I ate an entire jar of pickles before noon last Sunday.

75. Yup, an ENTIRE jar!

76. They were absolutely delicious.

77. I have not ever broken a bone in my body...

78. Growing up I wanted to have a cast so badly! (a purple one...with all of my friends autographs on it)

79. I love shopping at Bed, Bath & Beyond.

80. I never really need anything from there but I always have a coupon...

81. Therefore I can rationalize any and all purchases!

82. I praise the Lord out loud when I am blessed with a good parking spot at Wal-Mart.

83. It happened today while it was raining and the college kids were all swarming to Wal-Mart...it was awesome.

84. Hmmm...what else....ooooh I know...I LOVE Chevy's salsa!

85. and their super thin, salty chips...YUM!

86. I became a Christian while sitting between Hubs & my sister-in-law.

87. We were at a church youth group "event".

88. I was 18 and I had no clue what was happening to me.

89. It was the most surreal and awesome experience of my life, and I am sooo glad that those 2 people were right next to me.

90. Don't know why I didn't mention this earlier in the countdown...

91. I hate shopping for jeans.

92. But I LOVE finding a great pair that actually fit!!

93. I love shopping for shirts...I could buy a million shirts and end up without pants!

94. I would like to travel to Japan with Hubs. (He lived there for 3 years).

95. I desperately want to go back to Aruba for one of our anniversaries!

96. I would also like to go on a cruise with our friends.

97. I keep a journal for both a of my kids.

98. They will receive it from me someday...not sure when.

99. I love having my own family.

100. Christmas is my favorite holiday! :-)

WHEW! There you have it! I hope it wasn't too painfully long! ENJOY!

4 comments:

Lara said...

Ooh! That was a lot of fun!! Great memories! I remember thinking it was the COOLEST thing ever when you took me to your ice cream shop and let me pick whatever I wanted! And I totally talk about someday owning an ice cream shop, or maybe a cookie shop, too!! Ice cream is in our blood!! Papa would be so proud :)

Unknown said...

oooohh! I like the idea of ice cream AND cookies!!! YUM!

jen said...

Oh - you did GREAT! #93 - with you all the way, baby! My closet is a hoot that way!

Unknown said...

Me too! Me too! I hate shopping for pants but I am sooo excited about a good fitting pair of jeans!

Great list! I love that you've nicknamed your baby Sprout!

Anna
http://sincerelyanna.wordpress.com