Tuesday, July 31, 2007

At My Parent's House

I have been spending the past week at my mom & dad's house helping take care of things. My mom had surgery last week and is recovering. So I came down with Bean to take care of her and her house this week and then I will come back next week. It has been an adventure being down here the past few days. I love being at home and being with my parents (whom I love dearly) but it is so strange for me to be here and to be the "mom" and not the kid. I am so accustomed to coming here and having Mom take care of ME not the other way around. It is very fulfilling to be able to return the favors (even though we are comparing apples to oranges...years of taking care of me vs. days of me taking care of her).

Bean is having a great time down here. He has figured out how to maneuver his little walker. He can walk everywhere and even turn around and go back the other way! He has also started talking. He can say "mom mom mom" and "pop pop pop". He also will repeat words if they are said to him repeatedly (yesterday he was eating strawberries for lunch and I kept telling him they were "red" and eventually he looked at me, looked at the berries and said "Reh". VERY COOL! It is so fun to watch him on this journey!

2 comments:

jen said...

Feeling the warm fuzzies here - love that you are able to be there for your mom. And I love that Bean is talking! Yay!

Anonymous said...

I hope your Mom is feeling better!!