Wednesday, December 5, 2007

WFMW: Quick & Easy Dinner!

One of my favorite quick dinners is Gyoza....ha ha! Gotcha! If you know me then you will laugh at that funny, FUNNY joke!
No, really, one of my favorite dinners to whip up at the last minute is Cheeseburger Chowder. This recipe comes from my Mom-in-law and is so yummy and easy and PERFECT for chilly winter days! I usually have most of the ingredients in the house and the best part is, if I'm missing something...it's no.big.deal!

Cheeseburger Chowder

1 lb ground beef or turkey
½ cup chopped celery
½ cup chopped onion
½ cup green pepper
3 tbsp flour
1 tsp salt
4 cups milk
2 beef bouillon cubes dissolved in 1 cup of water
2 cups sharp cheddar cheese (grated) *I sometimes use more!

Brown together the beef/turkey, celery, onion & green pepper. Add flour and stir for 3 minutes. Add salt, milk & bouillon. Cook until thick. Just before serving, add cheese and stir until it is melted.

For more quick, easy, last-minute dinner ideas head over to Rocks In My Dryer!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This sounds great - I'll have to try it!