Saturday, January 26, 2008

Da Boys!

Bean is changing by the minute it seems! I find myself marveling at him and all of his new developments. Same thing goes for Bub. I am completely humbled by how miraculously the Lord is working in both of my sons. They are absolutely amazing. Here are a few examples of what I am talking about.

The Bean

  • In the above picture Bean is saying "Please". Although he doesn't verbally say the word, this is the "please" expression that is made when we request/remind him to say that magic word. It melts us every time and Bean gets what he wants.

  • Bean 's repertoire of animal noises grows daily. He is currently obsessed with being a lion. He has also learned how to hoot like an owl...we are still working on the traditional animals; cow, cat, pig, horse...but we sure do know exotic animals; elephant, lizard, lion, monkey.
  • Puzzles. The Bean has learned how to do simple, large-pieced, wooden puzzles!

  • And coloring...oh does he enjoy coloring! No more eating crayons (or at least not as frequently!)

  • Up and Down and Up and Down...the stairs that is! He has mastered flying up and down the stairs-ooooh my goodness is he fast at it too!

  • Anything and everything can be used as a hat. You name it and he has put it on his head as a hat; mixing bowls, socks, underwear, stuffed animals...and then he will parade around with said items on his head with a very proud expression.


The Bub

  • Sweet Bub is growing like a weed! He weighed 6lb 2oz last Monday at the pediatrician's office and today he weighed in at 6lb 9oz! WOO! HOO! He is supposed to gain about 1oz a day...we are ahead of schedule! :-)

  • Bub is starting to be awake a little bit more...not much more...he is now awake for 5-10 minutes after eating instead of falling asleep while eating.

  • He also turned his head from one side to the other while laying on his tummy! Yippee for "tummy time".

  • Did I mention that once Bub reaches 7lbs we can start letting him sleep 4-5 hours at night instead of waking him up every 3 hours!?!?! Come on 7lbs!!!!!

  • Bub is still sooo sweet and calm. I never would have guessed that it was possible to have an easier child than the Bean. But, Bub is so laid back and easy going....it is WONDERFUL!

There you have it! That is what is going on with the boys. Hubs has been back to work for the last week or so and I have been winging it on my own! My mom is coming back up next week, but I survived all by myself last week! I spend my day feeding the kiddos, playing with Bean and sleeping while Bean naps. I am also VERY proud to say that tonight was the first night Hubs and I ordered out for dinner. I have actually managed to cook most nights (I do have some wonderful neighbors that have brought us some fantastic meals! THANK YOU!). I have also managed to get a shower every single day (this alone is quite an accomplishment!). Well Bub is ready to munch and I believe he might have just filled up his teeny tiny diaper! Goodnight all!!!

1 comment:

Lara said...

That us suuuuch a cute pic of Bean!! Glad to hear everyone is doing so well and that Bub is putting on weight- hooray!! :)