Friday, January 18, 2008

So Many Wonderfuls

As you can tell, I am taking my sweet time in typing out Bub's birth story. It is a long one and there are lots o' details that I don't want to forget or leave out...sorry if it is lengthy, but that's just the way it goes!!
There are so many wonderful things going on in our home right now. Aside from Bub being here with us, instead of in the hospital, Bean is growing and changing by the minute! After being away from Bean for so long I have a new appreciation for him. He is such a big boy now!

Yesterday I was the proud recipient of Bean's first real smooch!!! He actually (finally!!!) puckered up those sweet little lips and planted a big, wet, boogery, smooch right on me! YIPPEE!! It was absolutely amazing and it made my day! Now I get kisses periodically throughout the day along with his big, open-armed hugs....being a mom is so great!

While we were away Bean learned how to say "hi" (we have been TRYING to get him to say this for quite some time...the kid can make a dozen or so animal noises but he couldn't say "hi"...hmmm) and my mom taught him how to go down the stairs on his tummy. Another thing we have been struggling with that apparently just needed a little reinforcing from the Grandma.

All in all Bean is handling Bub's arrival wonderfully. He checks on Bub regularly and is very curious about this new little being. He likes to touch his head and hold his hand. He also is very generous about sharing Cheerios with him. So far I have been able to convince Bean that it is a better idea to give the "O's" to Mommy instead of Bub.

Today was the first day that Bean became frustrated with me, in regards to Bub. I was nursing Bub and poor Bean wanted me to read a book to him. After a mega-meltdown, Bean left the nursery (where I was invisibly tied to the glider to nurse Bub) and headed down the hall to his room, where he spent the next 15 minutes sitting on his floor reading books to himself (sometimes out loud). It was absolutely precious...and heartbreaking. If Bean were just a bit older I think I might be able to explain this all to him. Oh well!!

We are looking forward to the long weekend with Daddy and with my parents!!! :-) YIPEE!!

1 comment:

Sincerely Anna said...

Those are precious moments! There's something truly special about grandmas in their reinforcements! It took forever to potty train Max but after a weekend at Nana's he was finally trained for good. I'll take that extra help!!