Tuesday, September 11, 2007

WFMW: Bum Print Pumpkins


Sounds a little crazy doesn't it? If you have a small kiddo (probably under 1), a cute idea for a fall craft is to paint their little bum cheeks orange (PLEASE use paint that is safe for skin and that is washable) and then use it like a stamp to make "Bum Print Pumpkins". After stamping the "pumpkin" you will need to add your own embellishments (stem, leaves, pumpkin lines, etc.). We have a paint-your-own pottery place in town and this is a super easy and cute thing to do on a piece of pottery for a loved one. I wish I had a picture, but I do not...use your imagination! They turn out super cute! I promise!!

For more great ideas visit Shannon at Rocks in My Dryer!

11 comments:

Family O'Foxes said...

That does sound cute! I will pass this idea on to my cousin who have young children. Mine are 8, 9, and 11 years old.
~Amy

Ms. Kathleen said...

Ha! That is so funny and cute! Thanks for my first laugh of the day! You have a wonderful rest of your day. I am sure a lot of people will enjoy this one!

SAHMmy Says said...

Oh My Gosh! How did you come up with this? Too funny, and Baby ChubChub has quite a booty on her--this sounds like a fun craft!

amyswandering said...

Toooo cute!
Amy
http://amyswandering.wordpress.com/

Heather aka The Momma said...

OH MY GOODNESS! Is that cute or what? I'm totally going to try this with darling son. He's getting some junk in the trunk so it'll be perfect! :) Thanks for sharing!

Jane said...

This would probably be great for the grandparents!

jen said...

Oh, I am SO wishing I had a little little one right now! Did you do one of these - must see it, if so!!!

One More Equals Four said...

This is so hilarious! Of course my 10 and 7 year olds would die and my 4 year old, I don't know, but when baby #4 makes his appearance I think a whole pumpkin patch would be in order!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I'm glad everyone is having fun with this idea!

To "One More Equals Four"- When are you due? I checked your blog and I think we are about 2 months apart! Yippee for new babies :-)

Tamara said...

My friend Jennifer http://mylieandme.blogspot.com/ tried this and said it is ADORABLE! She loved your idea! She did mention you have to do CIRCLES on the bum for them to work, if you do up and down lines, it looks like a box. :) SHE LOVED IT! Thanks for the idea!