Wednesday, September 19, 2007

WFMW: What's NOT for Dinner



Ugh...the daily decision of "What's for dinner?" is too much for us to handle. Yes, both of us get bogged down with this predicament. I don't want to make something Hubs doesn't like and Hubs usually "doesn't care" (except for when I do make the decision, the that's the one thing he doesn't want!). I know we aren't the only ones with this issue, so here is our solution; we make a list of ALL possible dinner options. Then we take turns crossing off 1 thing we DON'T want for dinner. Then whatever is left, is what I make. It works soooo well! We don't squabble over it, we simply come to a civil agreement. Give it a try! I promise it will work ;-)

4 comments:

Nettie said...

Maybe that would work for other family decisions, too! Which movie, restaurant, etc. Thanks for sharing!

SAHMmy Says said...

This is what we did for years before we had kiddos. It drove me crazy! When I became a SAHM, I turned to a more dictatorial method: suggestions for dinner ideas are taken on Sundays (I shop on Tuesdays.) All reasonable requests (nightly surf and turf is not reasonable) will be accommodated. Eat it or wear it.

Bri said...

What a wonderful method. It's so great yet so simple... we'll have to start trying this. Thanks!

Mrs. Brownstone @ XBOX Wife said...

This is a clever idea!

Thanks for sharing!