Tuesday, November 6, 2007

The Letter "D"

Our day today seems to have revolved around things begining with the letter "D" .....

Dump truck, Ducks & Dogs: The 3 things that Bean is obsessed with right now. We had our first day of Mommy & Me time at the library today (we did this last Feb. when Bean was little). So we arrive and Bean immediately pulls out a touch and feel book about dogs (a book we happen to have at home too!). We spent a good 5 minutes reading and re-reading this book. THEN he finds a book about dump trucks, even better! After story time, the group sings interactive songs with the kiddos. The leader does not have a kiddo so she uses a stuffed-animal duck. Ohhhh my goodness! Bean eyed that duck like you would believe!! After song time the kids get to play with a basket of toys. As soon as I freed Bean from my grip, he made a beeline for that duck. I sat there and watched my little boy wander around the room in a state of bliss clutching the duck in one arm and the dump truck book in the other (all the time making quacking noises and zooming noises)!

Dishwasher: We went to Lowe's tonight and picked out our new dishwasher! YAY!!! Our current "dishwasher" (I use the term loosely) is horrible! We have to wash everything before we put it in and then the so-called "dishwasher" basically sanitizes them. Within 72 hours we will have a newly installed dishwasher in our kitchen!! YIPEEEE!

Daddy: Daddy (aka Hubs) got a last minute offer to head over the Illlini game tonight with some friends. We then rushed home from Lowes and got Daddy out the door and off to go cheer on his team! (Which means Mommy is home alone!! *insert big BIG grin from Mommy*)

Dirty Diapers: Gross I know, but when you have 6+ dirty diapers in one day, it is worth mentioning.

DONE: I am done doing the laundry from our trip. If you read that statement carefully you will notice that there is no mention of the baskets of clean laundry being folded and/or put away, simply done. I am also done cleaning our kitchen and family room (the 2 areas that the Tornado of Bean sweeps through daily leaving me with a disaster area by 7pm). I am also done with this post and done with my day....off to bed I go!

No comments: