Sunday, November 11, 2007

Diaper Cake!

My good friend Brooke made a diaper cake for Bean for his 1/2 birthday last year. It was the cuuuutest thing in the entire world!! Did you catch the part that she made it!?!?! Bean had a terrific time tearing it apart after it served as our centerpiece in the dining room for at least a month. But finally I decided that I needed to actually use the diapers in the cake before he outgrew them.

Well my neighbor friend is going to have her baby tomorrow (oh the joy of a planned C-section)!!! I can't even imagine knowing the day ahead of time...I must admit that me and my plan-ahead-attitude are a teensy bit jealous. That aside, I decided to try and conquer making a diaper cake for her. After many attempts on the bottom layer (by far the most challenging) here is what I ended up with. If nothing else, it's a free stack o' diapers!