Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Poor Bean

Today has been an un-eventful, yet interesting, day. Poor Bean has had "dirty diapers" ALL DAY today! His little bum is so red and it makes us both cry during a diaper change (which has been necessary at least 10 times today!). My heart breaks for him and I wish I could just make it all better. Ugh. I did find out a "cure" from my Grandma today for such problems. She said that back-in-the-day she had the same problem with her youngest son. Her pediatrician told her to spread blackberry jam on crackers for him and that would take care of the problem. AND IT DID! Grandma did say that she's not sure if it really worked or if the timing was just right.

Today my pediatrician told me to feed Bean the following: bananas, rice, applesauce, bread/crackers and to only let him drink water and Pedialite. So far nothing has changed...I think we might have to try the blackberry jam on crackers ;-)

2 comments:

Sincerely Anna said...

Oh no! That sounds like no fun at all. The BRAT diet should work and I sure hope it does pretty soon.

Megan Cobb said...

Poor little guy! I heard white grape juice would help the diaper rash (after the tummy issues are resolved.) Hope he's better soon!