Monday, November 19, 2007

One Nap!?!?!?

Oh boy...here we go! Bean has been hinting that he would really like to only take 1 nap a day. And I have been avoiding his hints like the plague! But today I was faced with the reality that this just might be happening. He would NOT take a morning nap today. He played in his crib and babbled on and on and on...then he started with the Mama's..."Mama? Mama? Mama?". He must know that is my weakness because I can not resist it when he so sweetly calls my name. I go in to rescue him and he is sitting in his crib, hugging his pillow and beams with joy when he sees me....no nap for him! He's pretty crabby about losing the pacie (which is a sleepy-time only thing!) and about getting a new diaper and clothes. So I do what every good Mom does, I get him all ready, take him downstairs and put on a Baby Einstein video while I deal with the shock that I am not going to get my usual morning break/shower/nap. 30 minutes later, Bean is standing and applauding Baby Van Gogh and asking "Moh?". Nope, no "moh" today...1 is plenty. It is now 11ish and poor Bean doesn't know what to do with himself...he's sleepy, but giddy and most of all HUNGRY! So an early lunch it is! I am about half way done with his lunch when the amazing Daddy walks in and is home for his lunch. I have to insert here that the Bean is in LOOOOVE with Daddy right now. He is by far Daddy's biggest fan and wants to be with Daddy all.of.the.time. So after lunch, a yawning and bleary eyed Bean staggers in to play with his Daddy. Meanwhile, I'm looking at the clock and panicking because my baby has been up for 5 hours and I'm afraid we are going to miss the sleepy zone and go straight to the too-tired-to-sleep zone. I did manage to get Hubs some lunch, take care of the dog and pry Bean away from his favorite person AND get Bean down for a nap! That little boy was asleep before his head hit the pillow....and he slept for 2 hours (which is a typical nap for him and he usually does this twice a day!).

There are 2 things about this that sadden me:
1) I got 1/2 of my usual "Mommy" time today.
2) My baby is growing into being a little boy...not a baby

Who knows how many naps he will take tomorrow....

No comments: