Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Gobble Gobble

Well tomorrow is the BIG day! I will be hostess-ing my first Thanksgiving in MY house! It is a huge rite of passage for me and I am excited and slightly nervous about the whole ordeal. The good part is that the only guests we are having are my brother-in-law and his wife...and maybe my brother too. I'm not too worried about the "eaters" being too judgemental...it will mostly be self-imposed! I have spent the last 3 days cleaning my house like crazy. And not just cleaning but cuh-leeeeening...almost like a pregnant woman who is in the beginning stages of psycho nesting :-) . Besides cleaning the house I have tried to plan tomorrows meal down to the minute. I started working on some stuff today but on my refrigerator is a time-table of tomorrows dishes and what I need to be doing when. One thing I am very thankful for is that my neighbors are going out of town so we get to use their oven! That will be a huge help!

I went ahead and set the table today. After I had all of our China & Crystal in place I realized the center looked a little empty. I tried candle sticks...better...then I started to get creative with different bowls and such from around the house. I finally decided that the turkey would serve as the perfect centerpiece. I was on the phone with my mom explaining this when the doorbell rang. There was a man there holding this beautiful arrangement for ME! It was from my mom & dad. They are so good to me and know how to make my day!! I am so thankful for both of them and I will miss them dearly tomorrow!

2 comments:

jen said...

Now that is sweet - your mom is SO thoughtful that way!

Sincerely Anna said...

The flowers are beautiful! Hope your first Thanksgiving at your house was wonderful!