Thursday, October 4, 2007

Fried Ice Cream

I did it!!! Tonight I successfully made fried ice cream!! I never EVER thought I could master this at home, (it is soooo good in restaurants) but tonight I did it! And guess what...it.was.easy!! I am still amazed at how stinkin' easy it was! This recipe is NOT mine, I definitely found it online (and if I could remember where I found it, I would give them props). However, for the record: this is NOT my creation!

Fried Ice Cream

Make ice cream balls (fist size or smaller)
Freeze 'em for an hour

Meanwhile...
Beat 3 egg whites until frothy (next time I am going to add honey to this)
In a separate bowl: crunch up corn flakes and cinnamon (use common sense on how much you need...I don't have the recipe in front of me...you guys are smart)

Take frozen ice cream balls out of the freezer. Roll them in the egg whites, then completely cover them in corn flakes! Put them back in the freezer for 3 hours. *I just put them on a plate and didn't even cover them.

Heat up a pot of oil until it is 375. (I did not check the temp. I let it heat up for about 8 minutes and it was fine).

Drop your ice cream balls into the hot oil for 10-15 seconds, remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. SERVE IMMEDIATELY!

*I drizzled chocolate syrup over ours tonight! Caramel would be good too!!!

YUM YUM YUM!

No comments: