Monday, December 3, 2007

Nigh-Nigh & Owwies...

2 Tales from "The Bean" for you today:

Nigh-Nigh
Bean is a special kiddo. He is not afraid to let you know when he is ready to go to bed or take a nap. He will gladly walk up to you and say "Nigh-Nigh Momma! Nigh-Nigh" and then head over to the stairs and crawl up to his room for a nap. It is amazing and I am so thankful for this new level of communication. Today he was ready to take his morning nap around 9ish (much earlier than usual). So we headed up and curled up in our glider together to read some books before his nap (our daily routine). I was in the middle of our third or fourth book when he took his hand, closed the book, took out his beloved pacie and proclaimed "No Mo! Nigh-Nigh Momma". I couldn't argue with that. I set the book down, smooched my little Bean, tucked him in and said "Nigh-Nigh". A record-breaking 3 hours and 45 minutes later, the Bean woke up ready for the afternoon!

Owwies
It seems that lately poor Bean has had perpetual owwies in his mouth. It started with these annoying molars that are absolutely killing the poor boy. Then a few days ago he fell on our kitchen floor (a regular occurrence that has come with walking/running) and split his lower lip. Today the poor boy fell again and split the already split-lip WIDE open and split open his upper gums as well. The bottom lip is split all the way from front to back and literally is gaping open. It freaked me out more than any other owwie has. Thankfully it occurred late enough in the day that Hubs was able to come home and helped me evaluate the situation (he upper teeth are fine and the bleeding did stop...I was really worried about loose teeth and the giant blood clots that kept coming out of his mouth!). I just feel AWFUL for him....a little Tylenol before bedtime tonight seemed to really help with the pain. :-( We'll see how it is tomorrow and maybe I'll get a picture for y'all!

No comments: