Thursday, December 6, 2007

On the Way...

Part of my birthday present from my folks & my grand-folks was a new diaper bag! Not just any diaper bag, but a custom made/designed diaper bag from Peas & Carrots! It was so fun to go and pick out a bag and fabric. Plus, I got to put the pockets exactly where I wanted them, both on the inside and out! Now I will say that I lightly brushed over the fact that I got to pick out the fabric...this was no small task! She has some cool, and I mean coooool fabrics to choose from. I went there intending on getting something in the light blue/light green/light purple family. There were plenty of options from that pallet-polka dots, stripes, swirls, and any combination thereof. I decided on a stripe pattern that had stripes of different widths in the colors: light blue, bright blue, light green, lime green and purple. I then had the interior done in light blue. Ahhhh that decision was made.

Then as I was leaving I noticed a bag that was black & white swirls on the outside with a gorgeous deep red interior. Hmmm....I could not get that bag out of my mind. It was more sophisticated than my funky stripes and it might work better for an all-seasons bag.

The next day I called her and sheepishly asked if I could change my pregnant mind....and she was so sweet and said "Sure!". So I went with the black & white fabric with a purple interior and pocket on the outside...sophisticated with a little bit of funk! I can't wait to get it in January!!!!!

2 comments:

Sincerely Anna said...

I bet you're excited! A new diaper bag is reason enough to have another child! Ha ha!

Anna

jen said...

Please, oh please, remind me to look at it when we see each other for Christmas; I really want to see, but I KNOW I will forget given our goings-on! :)

Hugs!