Tuesday, December 18, 2007

THE Pillow

Bean has made his own decision regarding his personal "lovey". He is 100% attached to a blue, polka-dot pillow. He LOVES this thing! He lays on it to sleep, carries it around during the day, lays on it to watch TV, wants to hold it while I change his diaper....you get the picture. Well today he was giving me fits about taking an afternoon nap (the morning nap was only 1 hour long, which is not enough for the Bean to last an entire day on). So I was in no mood to continue our battle of him standing up in bed, throwing everything out of his bed, then yelling "MOOOOM". To which I took various forms of defense; ignoring him, going in and laying him down, giving him only his pillow and removing all other items....nothing was working. Soooo I gave up. I scooped up the Bean (with pillow in hand) and decided to let him play for a little bit and then try again. During our little play time, Bean waddled down to his bathroom and decided that his pillow might like to go swimming in the potty. Yup, that's right...the pillow was DUNKED in the potty. I didn't witness the grand baptism, but I did hear the splashes. I walk in to find Bean standing there pleased with himself, yet confused by the soggy, dripping pillow in his hands. Well now the pillow must go take dip in a larger body of water, the washing machine. Bean was less than thrilled. He was ticked. He threw his little body on the floor in the laundry room and pitched.a.fit. He stood in front of the washing machine crying for a good 5 minutes. Ugh. After he "moved on" and played for a bit, the sleepies started to take him over. I decided we would try nap time again. I grabbed a small orange pillow from his toy box and put it in bed with him. Now, I said he pitched a fit about THE Pillow being put into the washing machine, but oh my gosh did he pitch a fit about not having his beloved pillow at nap time. It didn't take me long to realize that there would not be another nap time today.

An hour or so later, the pillow emerged from the dryer. Cleaner than ever and super fluffy. Bean was so happy to be reunited with his favorite possession.

No comments: