Sunday, September 16, 2007

Barefoot & Pregnant

Yup that's right...I'm pregnant and Bean is barefoot! At least that was the case today while Bean helped me scrub the kitchen floor. Bean usually takes a good 1.5-2 hour nap in the afternoon, but not today! Today he slept for a whopping 45 minutes! (I'm sure he knew it was Mommy & Daddy's big cleaning day and didn't want to miss the fun!). So right before Bean woke up, Hubs headed out to play a quick 9 holes of golf with our neighbor and I sat down to scrub the kitchen floor. And that's when Bean just knew he was missing out on all of the fun.

Scrubbing the floor with a toddling 12 month old looked something like this. I would spray the cleaner, he would grab the cleaner from me and examine it (and try to eat it, but after a few "yucky" reminders, that went by the wayside). Then I would grab the sponge and start scrubbing. Bean would then try to grab my sponge or try to stick his hands in my dirty rinse water. I ended up getting him a brand new sponge of his own, which he greatly enjoyed, and I also put Bean in charge of the paper towels. Which turned out like this:



No comments: