Thursday, September 20, 2007

Our First Date

Today Bean and I had our first date. We went to the mall and had lunch. Just the 2 of us! I had hoped to meet a teacher friend there, but she wasn't feeling well, so it was just us! Bean dined on a grilled cheese sandwich, corn Chex, zesty tomato puffs & a banana cookie (not very nutritious...). I ate a soft pretzel with cheese (my high school lunch of choice!). I think I ate that every day while I was in high school. Even though I spend 99.9% of every day with Bean, it was kind of special to go and "eat out" just the two of us.

After we were done eating, we shopped. OH did we shop!! *insert a very Cheshire cat grin*. I spent a good portion of my maternity clothes budget today on some awesome deals from the maternity store in our mall. All of my clothes from Bean are summery and since I'm going to be pregnant all winter, I didn't think my gym shorts and ribbed tank tops would cut it this time around. We also bought Bean an adorable Illini jogging suit. We had so much fun! Yes, even Bean. He enjoyed grabbing...errr..."showing" me which clothes he liked :-). He was even supportive through the trying-on process. Each time I put on something new, he would applaud and grin from ear-to-ear (He will make some lucky lady a GREAT husband!).

We wrapped up our adventure with a trip to see Daddy at the office (I NEVER have my camera on me when we stop by! GRRRR!!!). After I told him who we were going to go see he wouldn't stop saying "dah dah dee dah dee dee dah dah".

It was an awesome day for both of us. A little time out of the house, and we both came home with some new threads! WOO HOO!

1 comment:

jen said...

Too cute! You made me remember one of the first times I ate out with just Little Man - it was so much fun! I had a burrito; he had beans and rice and didn't spill a single grain of rice - I don't know how he did it! I also just read that you're apple pickin' this weekend at TLC's; I'm jealous! Give them hugs for us!