Tuesday, September 18, 2007

L-A-U-N-D-R-Y!

There was a time that I really really looked forward to laundry day....
~~~~~~~~~~~
When Hubs and I were first married (and even while we were in college). We would save up our dirty laundry and quarters until we literally had nothing left to wear. Then, on the next Saturday, I would truck 2 laundry bags packed full of dirty clothes and at least 1 laundry basket full to a laundromat. There was one in particular that I LOVED. They had TV's, good music, snacks and Wild Cherry Pepsi out of a fountain! I would hog 5-6 washers, and sit down and enjoy my day of laundry. What would I do for all of this time you ask? Ahhhh....grade papers (while I was student teaching), read, do homework, zone out...it was absolute bliss! Then after the laundry was done, this laundromat had HUGE tables for folding and HUGE racks to hang an entire closet full of clothes on. And all I could think about was how much I "couldn't wait" to have my own laundry room in my house....WHAT WAS I THINKING!?!?!?!?
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Back to reality where I now have a laundry room in my house, and it now takes me 6 days to do 2 loads of laundry. And putting it all away? Half of the newly washed clothes have been worn and are back in the dirty pile before I get it all put away! I have contemplated taking a day and leaving Bean with Hubs and hauling our laundry to a laundromat, but I can't rationalize spending the $$. So for now I will day-dream about the fun days at the laundromat and grind away at the ever growing pile in the bottom of the closet.

No comments: