Saturday, September 8, 2007

Whew!

Yesterday was Bean's birthday. We went and had his 1 year pictures taken in honor of this great event. And today I am sooo thankful that we had the pictures taken yesterday. This morning Bean was walking around our first level (it is kind of shaped like a donut so he can walk in circles from room to room). In front of our door is a tiny little patch of hard wood floor, then carpet, then linoleum in the kitchen, then carpet in the family room and dining room. Bean is making the lap around and he comes to the hard wood floor and loses his footing and falls flat on his face (it didn't help that he was holding a plastic spatula in one hand and a small wooden firetruck in the other...). I heard him fall, no, I SAW him fall. I ran to the poor little guy and scooped up a boy with a wide open mouth and no sound coming out. Finally he gasps for air and lets loose the biggest yell EVER! After he calmed down I had a chance to access the damage...a scrape above his left eye and a very black & blue cheek....I'm so glad we did the pictures yesterday. He looks so beat up now!

No comments: