Friday, September 14, 2007

New Baby Update

I realized today that I haven't posted much about the state of the new baby. Things are going very well in my tummy. I have started feeling movement and even a few kicks. It's VERY cool to feel that again and it makes me all warm and fuzzy. THIS is what I will miss the most after the baby is born. The night after I had Bean I woke up sobbing because I thought I could feel him in my belly, but then when I touched my belly he wasn't there, which BLEW MY MIND! It absolutely freaked me out that he was out in the world and not safe and warm inside of me. Not to mention the fact that I was a huge ball of raging hormones! I crawled out of my hospital bed (at 2am) and waddled down to the nursery where they had Bean for monitoring (still sobbing) and begged for my baby to come back to my room with me....oh geez...this post is supposed to be about New Baby, not Bean!

Back to New Baby, things are great. I can eat food anytime (and all of the time!). I haven't gained any weight since my 10 week appointment, in fact I have lost 2lbs thanks to working out and watching my blood sugar. I have a normal doc. appointment next Wednesday and then the boy or girl sono on Oct. 3rd. I am counting the days until then! Overall, things are great!

2 comments:

jen said...

Yup - that's exactly why I don't do hospital nurseries. I want my baby with me; I don't know what I'll do if I ever deliver in a hospital where they make you give the baby up for the night! Eek!

Unknown said...

They did let us have him in our room the second night. But since he was preemie they wanted to make sure his breathing was monitored and they did a TON of bloodwork...not fun. But he was with us the rest of our time there. We even shared a room with him when he was re-admitted.